Thursday, May 13, 2010

Apple Cake

This cake is a terrific way to use dehydrated apple rings.  All I had to do was remove the rings from the freezer and soak them for about an hour in water with a little lemon juice before preparing the recipe.  The resulting cake is not too sweet which makes it just right for breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert!  My favorite recipe is the Fresh Apple Cake recipe found in the Very Virginia Cookbook, by The Junior League of Hampton Roads

I still have a few more packets of dehydrated apple rings in the freezer- any ideas for other good ways to use them?

3 comments:

  1. What kind of food dehydrator do you have? Recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SPP-I purchased the NESCO Snackmaster dehydrator online last fall. It wasn't expensive and it was easy to use. Unfortunately, I have only used it for apple rings so far. :-)

    ReplyDelete