Friday, April 23, 2010

Garden Update

We have been hard at work doubling the size of our container garden.  We now have 12 3'x6' boxes to work with.  So far, we have garlic, shallots & rosemary that were planted last fall.  We just added beets, lettuce, radishes & spinach.  The seedlings that we started from seed are ready to spend a few hours each day outdoors: 4 types of tomatoes, mild peppers and several herbs.  I also purchased seedlings: yellow squash and cucumber.  Our goal is to get everything into the ground by May 15th, the last frost date in our area.  We are doing much better than last year (our first year gardening), but still feel that we are behind.  Is that how every gardener feels this time of year?

2 comments:

  1. How's the garden going now? All planted? Some critter is eating a lot of my seedlings. I am finding container gardening is working better than in the ground for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SPP- So far so good with the container gardening. I put a makeshift fence around my containers and it worked very well for me last year. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the critters aren't smarter this year. :-)

    ReplyDelete