Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ahhhhh Spring!


Dd15 is on spring break, so dh and I decided to take a vacation week and enjoy our own backyard.  On Easter Sunday, we had a fabulous time visiting our friends, J and L and their 5 children.  We had an Easter egg hunt, ate good food, checked out their chickens, horses and dog, watched the sun set over the water and generally enjoyed a very memorable day.


Yesterday, Monday, the first official day of spring break, we had topsoil delivered and purchased supplies to install 6 more boxes in our raised bed garden.  This is our second year of gardening and we are hoping to build on last year's success.  After purchasing our supplies, I worked on a second recipe in the Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day book.  A photo of the Soft American-Style White Bread that I made is above.  It was as delicious as it was beautiful!  I have found what I have been searching for to replace the regular sandwich bread that we buy from the store.  And it was truly very easy and fast.

On to today's agenda: building boxes, shoveling dirt and planting things.

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog! LOVE IT. Keep up the good work. This bread looks fantastic. I'm off in search of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement Secret Pepper Person! I am just getting started and I'm still waiting for a copy of "Blogging for Dummies" to free up at the library. You are my first comment - That's so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bread looks great! I've heard lots of people talk about that bread book- but I've never read it. Maybe I'll have to check it out from the library. I already own so many cookbooks I barely have room!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete